The Story Goes…………
It all started in 2007 when our Managing Director: Mrs. Shaanee, then working as a Food and Beverage Director in a Maldivian resort (first ever female F&B Director in Maldives) came home to her husband, our Executive Director: Mr. Erik, complaining how frustrated she was with the current suppliers, only selling in their wine to be listed, not being able to resupply for months. The idea was born: Let us start a wine distribution company with three fundamental policies” still holy to the company today :
- To be a supplier who listens to the customers needs: What would you like us to carry for you?
- To consistently be able to supply the products by keeping a “promise”: Never to oversell to new customers if current supply is allocated to current customers.
- An almost fanatical compliance at whatever cost: To transport and store the wine at correct temperature in fully insulated warehouses
- 2007 Navean Wines (Wholesale) began operation in Maldives
- 2013 Decanter Wines (Wholesale): Operation expanded to Sri Lanka
- 2014 House of Wines (Retail Shop): Opening of the first wine “only” shop in Sri Lanka.
- 2016 Vinum Academy: Opening of Wine Service and WSET education institute in Sri Lanka.
- 2016 Food For Thought: Opening of a Delicatessen Retail Shop in Colombo Sri Lanka
What we Pioneered
- First importer/supplier in the Maldives to hire internationally certified Sommeliers in the sale team
- First importer/supplier in the Maldives to use insulated temperature controlled warehousing.
- First supplier to organize Wine Education trips to Europe and Japan for our Maldivian customers staff development
- Established the first wine “only” shop in Sri Lanka
- Established the Wine education school which offered the first WSET3 education in Sri Lanka
- Established the first Delicatessen shop in Sri Lanka
To offer a complete service package to our customers to assist them in their quest to develop an outstanding wine program
- Offer resorts/hotels/restaurants fresh, creative and sound business advice and menu creation to create an exceptional wine program specifically tailored to the requirements of the customer according to the type of customers they cater to.
- Improve the national tourism product in the markets we operate in by assisting our customers with ongoing service and wine training to improve the overall national service level
Our mission is to create a cutting edge wine experience for our customers clients and guests, focusing on maximizing revenue for our customers with minimal cost to the company.